How to Promote Your Nursing Business Locally for Free & Attract More Customers
Like every business owner you consistently need to be marketing so that you are never without customers. You want to be out front and center on people’s radar so when it comes time for someone to buy… you are on top of their list over someone else.
And it just got easier to market your business with the Big 3 Local Search Directories; Google Places, Bing Business Portal and Yahoo! Local.
• Surpass Other High Ranking Sites on Google, Bing and Yahoo!
• Get More Visibility for Your Local or Online Business
• Free Advertising
• Get Listed on Smartphone Searches
• Show Up On Google Maps
Getting listed on the first page in the top spot on any of the search engines (i.e. Google, Bing, and Yahoo) is pretty difficult. But by submitting your business information to these local directories you can quickly jump to the top of the local listings for searches in your business category.
This also applies to online businesses as long as you provide and address and phone number.
This allows potential customers to search for expertise, products and services that you provide locally and online rather than some well-optimized website that’s not in their geographical location. The more visibility you have on the Internet, the more likely you are noticed and more likely hired or a potential customer buys from you.
And….oh my Goodness! This is FREE advertising. What could be better than free advertising for any business owner?
Get listed on at least the top 3 search engines (Google Places, Bing Business Portal and Yahoo! Local), but there are 100’s of local directories on the Internet. Also get listed on a directory that caters to your market.
And this is very easy to set up because:
• No Website Needed
• No Tech Savvy Needed
• No Maintenance Needed
Here’s How to Set Up Google Places:
• Go to Google Places and set up a free account if you don’t already have one.
• Provide your business name, location, business telephone number, hours of operation, parking, method of payment, etc.
• Description - Add keywords that describe your business. So if you were searching for someone like you, your services or your products, what would you type into the Google search box to find you? Start with those keywords.
Also use Google Keyword Tool to help you find more keywords for your business description. You now have a Google account and this is free.
• Category - When choosing a category be broad so that you show up in as many types of search results as possible. Google makes a category recommendation as you type. Google also recommends that you use only one of the categories that Google recommends. You can add a customized category to your liking.
• Describe what you sell, services offered and anything else that describes your business.
• Add a link to your website.
• Get some positive customer review to add to your creditability and increase your ranking on search engines.
• Add a photo and a video. This helps increase your ranking on search engines.
Confirmation: Google will confirm your submission before they add you to Google Places. This is done by a postcard. Google will send you a card in the mail with a numeric code on it. Your job is to go back to Google Places and insert that code where indicated. Once Google receives that confirmation they will post your business.
***At any time you can visit Google places to update your information. Also Google provides you with stats on who’s visiting your listing!
Nurse Ventures LLC
Was this helpful? Who has already listed their business with one of the local search directories? Please share your experience in the comment section below.