Honor Your Nursing Colleagues Today
by, 01-28-2011 at 08:40 AM (5717 Views)
Celebrating nursing excellence is near and dear to our hearts at Nurse.com and once again we are seeking nominations of nurses who deserve to be honored at the 2011 Nursing Excellence Awards Galas.
I am certain that you know nurses who exemplify all that nursing should be — nurses you would want to care for you or your loved ones, who have advanced the profession, taught or mentored you as you progressed along your career path, or gone beyond the call of duty to improve the lives of people in their communities. Those are the nurses Nurse.com wants to recognize.
We're seeking nominations for Nursing Excellence Awards in six categories:
• Advancing and Leading the Profession: RNs who have led, advanced, or strengthened nursing, either as a profession or in the delivery of patient care.
• Clinical Care: RNs who demonstrate excellence in direct care delivery in any clinical setting.
• Community Service: RNs who have made significant professional or voluntary contributions that have improved patient care.
• Management: RNs who have demonstrated exceptional management of nursing or patient care services in any setting.
• Mentoring: RNs who provide a positive professional influence, guidance, and support for other nurses in any setting.
• Teaching: RNs who have made significant contributions in the education, professional development, or long-term learning of nursing professionals.
Recognition for going above and beyond what is expected is important to everyone. However, for nurses, peer recognition is most meaningful. Being acknowledged by respected colleagues who understand the challenges and opportunities of the job speaks volumes. So please take a few moments and submit the names of your colleagues who have made unique contributions to the profession.
Nominations can be submitted online at www.Nurse.com/nursingexcellence. The deadline for submissions in specific regions is February 1st.